Survival food can get expensive, especially when you start looking at the different tools there are to make your own survival food. A good food dehydrator will run you a couple thousand dollars, it would take a few years to pay for itself.
There are cheaper options, a good pressure canner can be bought for less than $100 and if you want an electric canner they are just over $100. But what if you are set on dehydrating your own food?
If shelling out a few thousand dollars is out of the question, then here’s a great way to make your own food dehydrator.
- Thin Ply Wood (Body)
- 4 2.5′ Long 2″ x 4″s
- 10 feet of 2″ x 2″ wood (Braces and drying shelf support)
- A Window (20″ x 23 1/8″) or a suitable slab of clear plastic.
- Screen (For covering vents)
- Stretchable Cloth/Material. We used stalkings. (For drying rack)
- 2 Hinges
- A Hook & String (To fasten the rear door)
- Caulk (For perfectionists)