Follow These Steps to Make Your Own DIY Food Dehydrator
Survival food can get expensive, especially when you start looking at the different tools there are to make your own survival food. A good food dehydrator will run you a couple thousand dollars, it would take a few years to pay for itself.
There are cheaper options, a good pressure canner can be bought for less than $100 and if you want an electric canner they are just over $100. But what if you are set on dehydrating your own food?
If shelling out a few thousand dollars is out of the question, then here’s a great way to make your own food dehydrator.
- Thin Ply Wood (Body)
- 4 2.5′ Long 2″ x 4″s
- 10 feet of 2″ x 2″ wood (Braces and drying shelf support)
- A Window (20″ x 23 1/8″) or a suitable slab of clear plastic.
- Screen (For covering vents)
- Stretchable Cloth/Material. We used stalkings. (For drying rack)
- 2 Hinges
- A Hook & String (To fasten the rear door)
- Caulk (For perfectionists)