Ten More Essential OTC Medications to Always Have Nearby
Aches, pains, sprains, the cold – nobody likes to feel bad. Fortunately, in the modern age we have a wide variety of readily available medications to make us feel better. It’s important to always have some on hand just in case.
The Scoopmaster over at Mental Scoop put together a handy guide to the 10 OTC Medications You Need On Standby. Have a read.
Top Ten OTC Medications For Preppers
- One. Ibuprofen (Advil). This anti-inflammatory is great for treating most pains and aches. It also reduces fevers.
- Two. Acetaminophen (Tylenol). Another great pain reliever, this wonder pill makes a great alternative to Ibuprofen. Rotate the two as needed.
- Three. Diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Reduces congestion and relieves hives and itches and rashes.
- Four. Loperamide (Imodium). Use this to prevent or treat diarrhea and cramps.
- Five. Pseudoephedrine (Sudafed). This one treats colds and congestion and fights allergies and mild asthma attacks.
- Six. Meclizine (Dramamine). Use this drug to cure nausea and vomiting. It also may ease anxiety.
- Seven. Ranitidine (Zantac). Treat heartburn and reflux. This one also fights hives.
- Eight. Hydrocortisone cream. A 1% solution treats itches, rashes, and irritations of all kinds.
- Nine. Bacitracin ointment. Fight skin infections and insect bites.
- Ten. Clotrimazole (Lotrimin). Nothing is more aggravating than athlete’s foot. And this stuff cures it along with other irritations.
Related From Freedom Prepper:
A apple a day keeps the doctor away. Similarly a pill a day keeps the pain at bay. Make sure you have the medication you need on hand at all times.
Remember these suggestions for a healthy prepping time. Now, get on over to the Dollar Tree or the drug store.
Perrin Lovett writes about freedom, firearms, and cigars (and everything else) at www.perrinlovett.me. He is none too fond of government meddling.